What's new

How To - Work the Mines

Status
Not open for further replies.
miningzone.png
Mining is a new addition to the newly relaunched TDRP server, with this you can go into the mine and use your pickaxe to harvest Iron and Gold to sell to the Ore Buyer. Iron sells for $50 per nugget, and Gold sells for $100 per nugget. This is a generally easy way for new players to make money on the Server as you spawn with all the required tools to mine, and it is a generally fast process.

The Mining Zone
You spawn in front of the Mining Zone which is a cave that goes down into the ground, then take a right going lower into the cave. This brings you to an area that has rocks and other entities you'll need to mine on the server. In this area is the Grinding Wheel, Ore Buyer, and the Rocks you'll need to hit with your pickaxe to harvest Iron and Gold.
miningzone.png

The Rocks
When you get into the Area where you can mine Iron and Gold, there are 7 rocks in the area that you can harvest gold and iron from. You can tell these apart from the rest of the map by there lighter color and similar shape compared to the rest of the stuff in the cave. You'll need to hit these with your pickaxe in order to mine the ores you'll need to get to sell to the Buyer.
rocks.jpg

The Grinding Wheel
Using your pickaxe repeatably will result in it losing its edge, making mining ores ineffective. Once this happens, you will no longer be able to mine ore and a notification will show up in the bottom right of your screen telling you to go sharpen your Pickaxe. You must go over to the Grinding Wheel table and hold "E" on it until it is completed to sharpen your pickaxe.
grinding wheel.jpg

Selling your Ores
Once you have harvested all the ores you wish at the time, you can then go to the Ore Buyer located at the back of the Cave you are in. Clicking "E" on him will display a menu telling you how much he is buying Ores for. From this menu you can sell the rest of your ores, selling them is all at once, you cannot sell them one at a time.
ore buyer.png ore menu.png

Status
Not open for further replies.